View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 10:01 PM   #17
Airric13

I am looking at the trade from a business standpoint. No matter what car I drive, I will only be keeping it for the next two years. This will most likely mean 15k miles. The end goal over the next 2 years is to have a 96-00 Honda Civic. I have two options to get there:

A) Keep the civic, sell the civic for about $4000 and then buy my "end goal" a 96-00 Civic for around $4000 also.

B) Trade for the TI, spend the $400 or less to fix the cat, sell the TI (after looking around I think around $5000 would be a good asking price) and then buy a 96-00 Civic.

The problem stems from not knowing how quickly a TI would sell and would it run me up more money before I am able to sell it. I know my Civic will sell, I just have to put up with the Honda "low-ballers" who try to offer $3000 when you ask $4000 and hold out until it sells. I receive a call or email almost every day on my Civic, but everybody wants to trade and they don't have what i want. The biggest factor for me is saving money. All logic seems to point that money saving would be to keep my civic. However, if I could feasibly get $5000+ for the TI and sell it within a few months, then it would be worth it to trade and get the extra money.
Airric13 is offline   Reply With Quote