View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 08:27 PM   #16
mohaughn

Quote:
Let's say you were in my shoes, cooljess76, would you keep the Honda which you know will last you as long as you need, all you have to do is replace the header for $150 or less, or would you trade for the BMW, spend the $400 to repair it properly and then sell it?
I guess I'll answer your question with a question. Is money the most important aspect of this deal? If so, keep the honda. Even though the 318ti is a good car and really reliable for the most part, it will be more expensive to maintain a 1998 318ti than it is to maintain a 1992 honda.

The OBDII exhaust system can be a royal pain, as has already been noted. There are also certain things on a BMW that are just more expensive. The BMW has a lot more electronic systems that can cause problems, where as a 92 honda with a non OBDII motor is mostly a mechanical car. You are not going to have secondary air pump problems, or catalyst efficiency issues on a Honda. This is why you can use any old catalytic converter on a 92 honda, no secondary post cat O2 sensors. I can use any old catalytic converter on my 95 Ti as it is not OBDII.

The 318ti also does not have 170hp. So if running neck and neck with an s2000 is a concern, the Ti is not the right car for you.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote