View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #4
6speed ti

On your front power distribution box this is where your fuses are located.
Check fuses at position number 22,23,25 these are all 5 amp and then check fuses at position number 33 and 37 these are 10 amp fuses.
Check fuses at positions 11,12,15,29,30 these vary in amp ratings.
The low beam has its own dedicated relay, K48 Low Beam Relay. The Foglight has its own relay as well, K47 Fog light relay. K47 and K48 sit next to each other in the power distribution panel.This you mentioned is working. So you can eliminate the relay as a possible fault. Now you need to locate the High Beam relay, K46. it is located behind the left side of the Dash. You need to do some work to access this relay. This is probably the problem. You need to remove the steering wheel, then the instrument cluster and you will see three relays together. K46 is the high beam. Try reseating the relay or just replace it. The problem is you do not want to power up the vehicle with the airbag removed. I wish I can help you more but with this one you are on your own. If you feel you cannot perform this task have a someone who can. The airbag is the big issue here.

Make sure that ALL fuses are good and use a test light or voltmeter and check for power on the hot side of the circuit where the fuse plugs in. Check all fuses in this manner. Position the high beam on when checking. Remember that some circuits may not be powered when selecting high beam.

You can also flip the high beam on and off and try to listen for the relay clicking. You may or may not be able to hear it since it is located behind the instrument cluster. You can always try reaching up under the dash and see what you can get at, but I doubt you can do anything from the bottom.

Good Luck...Keep us posted on your findings.
6speed ti is offline   Reply With Quote