View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
dave45056

If I were in your shoes, I would stop working on this from above and just climb under your car and get at the bolts to the starter.
Once you have the car in the air, you will be surprised how quickly you can get this job done. You do not need a transmission jack. You do not need to tilt the transmission either.
I bet after you get this whole intake apart, you will still end up having to climb under you car to get the bolts loose or to hammer on the locating pin for the starter to free it up. So if you want to make this job easier, take my advice. If you want to make it difficult, keep on doing what you are doing.

Now your questions....
The fuel real inlet and return lines are a bear on a 95 car. The hoses are short and there is little space. If I were to tough them I would replace them because they are probably 16 years old. It's up to you on the clamps, but if they look/work well, then re-use them. The fuel rail comes out by removing the 2 bolts at each end which secures it to the manifold. Then you need to pull the whole thing up, injectors and all.

If you keep taking this top down approach, I am sure at some point you will be asking how to get the black box out of the manifold so you can completely free it. You can see that this back box is really a place for wires to run. In order to remove this box, and completely free the lower intake from the car, you will need to disconnect every wire which goes to that box. It is a big pain to do this. If you figure out an easy way, let me know.
dave45056 is offline   Reply With Quote