View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 09:41 AM   #1
lokister

Default WTB: J!m’s Swap Manual

Hey everyone,

I’m looking to do an M52 swap (bonus 5 speed conversion at the same time) to my 318i sedan. I’ve already sourced an engine and tranny (with DME/ECU, harness, and S52 cams) for free (I just have to pay ~$500 to ship it from the East Coast). And I’ve already accepted I’ll pour another $1000 into everything else (accessories, driveshaft, diff, new cooling system, etc).

I know Jim made a swap manual but isn’t selling it anymore. I know the one that’s coming out is new and improved and that if I buy an old copy I won’t hey any support, but I’m doing this swap soon and really would love a guide of some type. Swap threads are helpful for small issues but I think very linearly when it comes to E36 maintenance and a manual of some type would save soooo much time. I’ve done a lot of suspension work on my E36 (basically the whole thing) so I have a fairly advanced set of skills, but nothing this big. I need some help.

So, anyone has one that they can sell? As far as I know, Jim has said that the physical copies can be resold, but correct me if I’m wrong.

And Jim, if you’re listening, I’ll happily buy the old copy .

Thank you!!
lokister is offline   Reply With Quote