View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 11:52 PM   #1
steelejared

Default Springtime ritual

I just took my steel rims and Pirelli snowsports off and put my summer wheels and tires back on for the summer. Wow, the pirellis are okay, but what a difference in handling. I was beginning to get used to the feel of the snow/ice tires which were, by comparison, a little mushy.

In addition, I replaced my old worn out hood emblem. It had been sitting around on my desk at home for a few months. I could not belive the difference it made. All of the enamel had simply cracked and peeled away from the old one and the replacement was simplicity itself. It took me all of about 3 minutes to carefully work a screwdriver under the old one and gently pry it off, pull the old grommets out with some needle-nose pliers and install the new emblem.

Even if you are not very inclined toward DIY projects on your ti, but need to freshen your hood emblem, it is super easy and was a tremendous improvement in the aesthetics of my car. I bought it from Bav auto for peanuts.

So anyway, I also did a thorough wash and cleaning including the engine bay. I feel like a new man. Next weekend, I'll break out the zymol.
steelejared is offline   Reply With Quote