View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 10:31 PM   #3
madfronter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
Well when i looked into them i was told they install them in the glovebox on 95% of the cars. I don't like that idea cause it's hotter in the glovebox than in the car. I personally think alpine could've came up with a better HU to control the ipod,i refuse to buy one untill i see next years models. When i do get it done i'm going to do the same thing my buddy did with his gt and thats have it installed in the center console. I have an armrest so it wouldn't be seen,that would be my suggestion if you don't want to drill a hole in your glove box to run the wire to the HU.
The new generation alpine headunits have just the cable that hooks up to the ipod but the generation Alpine headunit I have uses the ipod interface thing that I hid in the glove box. My Alpines rear channel RCA output stopped working and the headunit isn't even a year old. I'm pissed but now I get to buy the new gen that has the interface built in.

They really need to make these things bluetooth so there isn't a need to wire the ipod to the unit.
madfronter is offline   Reply With Quote