View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
Bill Proud

Smile 98 318ti remains For Sale

Being still true to my email address somewhat, this weekend I bought the remains of a totalled 98 318ti . Biggest bits of sheet metal were two door shells, the complete sunroof cassette and trunk/boot/hatch lid with no glass -in black- and some of the small body closures like the under-door side cladding and blanking plates where foglights go (to get broken !) .All in totally rust-free condition from a southern car
Heavy Metal bits.......front bumper reinforcement beam and rear diff carrier/subframe
On the dressy-bits of the interior there's the two halves of the back seat back (upright) and the wedgy bits around it and a beautiful dahboard in light-grey vinyl and the centre-console .
Two short-block motors , one good (?) M44 cyl head complete with contents,two exh headers, one complete OEM exh system including the pussy cat ,both halves of the intake manifold with AFM , motor mounts,trans mount ,a good rear right swingarm , a left hand one with a bad bearing -.
Front brake/steering hubs , front calipers (MY how they've grown since the 2002 !) , strut bearings/mounts
Lots of misc ...LOTS! -covers my shopfloor !..like most of the AC system , door and trunk seals , switches , switches and switches , wierd electronic boxes for ABS controller , DME, a huge pile of moulded plastic stuff, under body and exh heat shields and the like .This is why the word 'etc' was invented ! .....I have 'etc' coming out my ears !
So if you need anything that can be shipped cost effectively let me know-send me a photo or point to an oem.com drawing. Or come by Exit 22 off I65 70 mls south of Nashville-nose-singing capital of the World .If it isnt listed it doesnt mean I havent got it -I may not have found it yet ....just ask!
I DO NOT check this site very often ......send a direct email or wait a long time..
Bill Proud ..BMWBITS@Bellsouth.net
Bill Proud is offline   Reply With Quote