View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #5
Ocelot

Well, here is the situation: My Corolla officially has no hope... And the future of a 318ti, or any BMW for that matter, is looking bleak. The biggest issue is the source of the money: my parents. Now, if it was me providing the cash, I would be trying to save the Corolla even harder, but if nothing can be done, I'd go for the 318. My parents wouldn't have a problem with that if I could get the car on my own dime. Their biggest concern is the repair costs, and which our family mechanic said can get quite high (we've been with the guy for years, and he makes sure that everything he tells us is for our own good, not just to line his pockets). As reliable as the 318ti may be, there is always a chance that it will break down. My parents are pretty cool, and want me to get a car that I am happy with, but they also cannot foot the bill to repair anything that goes wrong with more expensive cars, and our budget is really tightening due to factors such as my little brother's $6000 truck, and my college, which they are also paying for (which is around $15,000 a year and the price is climbing). So, while the 318ti is not completely ruled out, I am afraid I need to start searching for other options. I think we still might check out the car, and I am putting the 318ti on my "List of Cars to Own Before I Die." Thanks for the responses.
Ocelot is offline   Reply With Quote