View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #7
jakobgr

Vehicles

Seriously annoying problem...(didn't bug totally until I got stuck outside the Audi dealership). Few things I have noticed after replacing the starter and still having the issue. Last year the issue actually went away by replacing battery and then it came back later in the year. Last year I would hear clicking when trying to start.....I ended the year that way...i.e. didnt use the car last winter. So I charge the battery up this spring and try to start...nothing...not a click. So I go for the new starter(cheap off ebay)...first time I after replacing the starter it starts up(but there are issues so I turn it off).....next time I try...nothing. I charge up the battery while it is still hooked up to the car. Then I try to start and get nothing. So I disconnect the battery and charge it. Hook up and car starts up fine. And this is where I am at..i.e. the car is starting up every time now.....so I am waiting for it to do it to me again. Not sure where I will end up..but if I find something...I will post it.

Jakob
jakobgr is offline   Reply With Quote