View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 02:28 AM   #1
Steel Tomato

Default Prospective buyer! Help!

Hi, I'll be graduating from high school this year and moving on to university (in canada). My dad has agreed to buy me a car around 10 grand, and since iv always wanted bmw, it was the first make i looked at, and have finally decided on buying one of its kind.

around here, for 10 grand i can get a 1997-1998 bmw 318TI around 100000 kms or so (around 60k miles?). I just want an honest input from you owners about if the rumors were really true: the incredably high repair cost and maintenance cost. are you guys happy with the 318ti? have it ever left you stranded and had you do major repairs? i heard 318ti wasnt very peppy on acceleration... how long does it take to get from 0-60 mph on auto?

also, what's the only difference between 318ti and 318i? is the only difference that it's cause it's a hatchback? how does rear room compare? is the 318i faster? and this is pobably a stupid question to ask, but insurance wise is a 3 dr hatchback considered same as a 2 door coupe?

also, with 10 grand i can get a 1996-97 bmw 328i at around 200k kms (120k miles?), is this a better deal than the 318ti/i?

Thank you guys so much for your imput, my parents are urging me to buy toyota, but chances are im not changing my mind.

I guess my main inqurie would be if it is smart to buy a bmw with over 120k miles on it... if i get one with that milage would i be stuck with repairs? anyone here has their bmw over 120k miles? how is it?
Steel Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote