View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #86
Lowerclassmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx View Post
OEM is your original DME that came with the car. It gets re-mapped with a custom flash for the turbo setup. Barrie at Mid Night has the flashes and you can run 30# injectors(0-14psi), 42.8# injectors (0-18psi) and #60 injectors (0-28psi). You really want to match the injectors to your max boost so the Open-loop timing is at its max for your application. There are no stand-alone or piggy back systems that run as good as a re-flashed DME. Your car will drive completely stock like a BMW should and be able to detect and handle the boost when it comes on.

You need a 1995 M3 or 328i MAF sensor also to run the code since it is setup for the larger MAF which is a direct plug in. If you don't change the MAF to the larger one the stock 2.5" one will peg at lower boost levels

I run #60 injectors and vary boost from 10psi up to 29psi which is the max boost I've hit this motor with. I run 15psi daily and step up boost if needed as soon as I'm in 3rd gear. I get over 30mpg in Lambda and open-loop is perfect on my LM-2 logs.

Stock injectors are 19# and can't handle more then 5psi boost unless you use a RRFPR and pound the fuel through it which stresses your fuel pump. Also the stock DME will not react well to a RRFPR which is something I found out by testing.

I don't run the fastway kit. I run a custom kit but purchased parts from him.

John Smith
Where is Barrie at Mid Night located because id like to purchase a reflashed dme and if my car is a 1998 would i need to get a 1995 m3 maf or a 1996-1999 m3 maf since 1995 is obd1 and 1996+ is obd2

Also i have larger injectors and a walbro fuel pump so i can push fuel, and how much boost did you run daily on your motor before it was built because i read that you ran 15psi for 50,000 k.
Lowerclassmen is offline   Reply With Quote