View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 12:13 AM   #6
LanOsb133

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADESTAR View Post
Have you got any pictures or info on where the 3" extension in the exhaust needs to be? I am using the 2.8 z3 exhaust and will need to address that.

Also, I changed the alternator to the m3 one in order to use the normal connection's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADESTAR View Post
Anyone know why the OP didn't use the Z3 DME ? Seems like he/she got a 328i DME and I'm wondering why.
Sorry for the lack of replys, been trying to get the car running perfect. As for the exhaust, I used a Z3 mid section and a 318ti Catback that came on the car originally. Its a Magnaflow. There was a hole in the resonator so I took it to a mufflershop and they took out the resonator and welded in a pipe in its place. Not sure where you need add the extension but any muffler shop will be able to do it and do it correctly.

The Z3 DME has a different pinout than the standard E36 6cly DME. The wiring harness is also different and would need to be repinned to work correctly in the E36/5. I tried everything to figure out a way to get the Z3 harness to work but without major extensive work it wont work. Save yourself the headache and just get the 328i harness and DME.

Heres a picture of the exhaust, Ill be adding in more pictures soon! Just need to get access to my PC so I can upload them better.

98 318ti Mtech w/ red millpoint
96 318ti California Edition Aqua Metallic w/ Z3 2.8 driveline
98 Z3 2.8 Violetrot Edition
LanOsb133 is offline   Reply With Quote