View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #19
chrisbec

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergopher View Post
So I am attempting to do this swap as I type this. I have help from a buddy who is very experienced with BMW's and has done several diff swaps on various BMS's, except a ti of course. I we got everything pulled out pretty standard and that is about where the various write ups usefulness end. I bought a 4.10 ratio e30 M diff and brand new e30 axles from rockauto. We attempted to mount the diff but could not get the uppermost bolts to thread. The top of the diff was hitting a chassis cross member so we notched it just a little to get it to fit. We got the diff mounted up, now on to the axles. The axles fit no problem with a little speed sensor shimming, however, the stock ti bolts that mount the axle to the diff are not long enough, the axles I bought came with new bolts that do work but the little linking washers that bolt the inner CV to the diff are not big enough for the new bolts.... Tomorrow I am heading to the junk yard with my buddy to try and figure this out.... ***RAGE QUIT***
This link may help you:
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28910

R.I.P schwartz 1990 325is
chrisbec is offline   Reply With Quote