View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 06:20 AM   #1
e30fiend

Now slide/wedge the speaker into the mount, facing up. Unfortunately I could not mount the speaker in the exact same place as the original speaker, rather it faces up directly underneath the grill.

At this point you're probably wondering "How does the speaker stay firmly in the mount?", here is how. The speaker inside the mount has 4 tabs with holes that are facing the walls of the mount. Carefully drill small holes in the side of the plastic mount in the same position as two of the speaker tabs. Simply take a small bolt and push it through the outside of the plastic, through the mounting hole on the speaker.

Then position the nut on the inside to receive the bolt and screw it tight. Use washers if you choose, or lok-tite, to prevent rattling; I used washers.

Last, solder the wires from the clip to the new speaker. In my case it was not obvious which poles on the old speakers corresponded with the new speakers, so I made sure to just wire up both speakers the same way (ie stripe - small pole, no stripe - large pole).

Installation is reverse of removal!

Last edited by e30fiend; 10-08-2012 at 11:21 PM.
e30fiend is offline   Reply With Quote