View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 02:00 AM   #1
CameraCourage

Vehicles
Default Ti swapped with S50

Hey all, I have a 1995 Ti that had a cracked head so I pulled the motor sourced an S50 from a junkyard car that looked to be in great shape. I have gotten it all installed and it has an idle issue that I haven't been able to sort out yet.
It has two primary issues right now
  • #1. Over charging battery
  • #2. Idle bounces from about 500rpm to about 1100 rpm repeatedly.
It currently has no codes and no CEL. CEL does work, if I pull a sensor plug it will show the code for that sensor.
Here is the short list of things I have tried so far.
  • -Checked vacuum lines- lines are plugged in, lines are in good shape.
  • -Replaced ICV- Seemed like it was the most likely culprit at first, so I replaced it... no change.
  • -Pulled and inspected all baffles in the intake elbow to make sure there wasn't any additional air coming in somewhere.
  • -Installed a borrowed a Maf from a working car to test, no change
  • -Pulled plugs and inspected
  • -Checked Coils
  • -Checked grounds
  • -Checked starter wiring
  • -Checked and confirmed all sensor plugs to make sure they are plugged in correctly and in good shape.
  • -pulled and tested the VANOS solenoid
  • -Swapped 1 RED 413 for another to test DME

Next on the list is to replace
  • -Cam Position sensor
  • -Throttle Position Sensor
[LIST]
The car runs pretty good when it is above idle, but it will just barely run at idle and stalls periodically as well. If anyone has any similar experiences and has some ideas I would love to hear, I'm running out of solutions...

Last edited by CameraCourage; 01-27-2014 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Organize into list to make it more readable
CameraCourage is offline   Reply With Quote