View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 04:58 AM   #38
BimmerBum

Vehicles

Those are really good temp numbers. The bone stock E36 M3 I refreshed a few years ago would creep up to 212 in traffic. My Coupe stays around 199-204 (and gets as low as 173 on the highway) but it has no mechanical fan, a fluidyne radiator and the Stewart pump.

The ducting you did is key, I suspect better ducting is a better upgrade than a better radiator.

You're making me want to swap the Clubsport, something I should have done while it sat in pieces for 4 years. I even have an aluminum block M52 with S50 cams ready to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertri View Post
Yes, AC is currently eliminated and it has been a healthy 97-100F here all week... apparently the "feels like" temp today was 115F, with plenty of humidity.

I drove the ti to work today, I do have a new appreciation for AC.

I do not have a pusher fan, only the spal puller fan. I drove the car quite a bit in traffic and on the highway and the fan never had any issues keeping temps in check.

I spent a few afternoons fabbing some radiator ducting that forces all air coming in the lower bumper opening through the radiator. This was in preparation for a track day this weekend, first one with the m52.

So far, around 98F ambient according to the obc, the torque app shows coolant temps staying between 197-199F and going up to 204F in traffic.

I don't think the fan has actually kicked on since I added the duct. I'll try to make it turn on tomorrow.

I would say it accelerates better than the z3 but that's with the 3.73 in the ti vs the 3.07 in the z. The m54 is a very smooth motor with the dual Vanos and Disa. M52 definitely more raw.

SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

www.BimmerBum.com ALL NEW!
318ti Specific Parts For Sale
www.facebook.com/BimmerBum

BMWCCA #132203
95 318ti Club Sport
98 318ti Active S50 Swap

BimmerBum is offline   Reply With Quote