View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 03:15 AM   #35
performanceisland

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx View Post
Sap Simulator need to put out voltage of 200mv on red wire to DME when the SAP is active. I think your mv is too high so the DME thinks the SAP is not working. It is very picky and needs to be set at 200mv. Are you sure the SAP is active when you first start the car. It should only run for 30-50 seconds then turn off. If the unit is not working the code should not show until the next time you have a cold start. Nothing about 40 miles into a drive, I've driven 250 miles with no code then the next cold start gave the code when the unit was not working...

I know of at least 25 units with no issues.
as for the 40 miles the ecu doesnt have the sap ready untill 40 miles after the last code reset, i dont know why this is, but this is why they tell you that if you recently had your cars codes deleted, you need to drive for a while before you take it into emmissions otherwise emmissions computer will tell you that your systems onboard are not ready, this is true because this is my problem, anyway i guess my only option is to try and check the mv readings on my module agian. By the way the check engine light would be triggered and is triggerred on the next cold start, the only difference is that it wont if i just deleted the codes, untill the sap system becomes ready in the computer, (40 miles driven after deleted SAP code on my car) only then is the computer able to check it. Will update after i recheck my module. thanks.
performanceisland is offline   Reply With Quote