View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 09:34 PM   #93
bmwman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbim View Post
make sure you look at how the old one comes out and just copy the orientation, or possibly reuse it if it looks ok, just replace the o-rings.

Use sealer on the flat gasket, and I also put a dab of sealer when I place the top of the oil filter cap on the housing, I have the metal one and it does not screw on which is a design flaw imo.
I put it all together a couple of years ago and had popped the bush/valve out. Am I safe to assume that it is oriented correctly in there now if the car was running fine and getting oil circulation? I'd imagine that putting it in backwards would prevent oil from flowing out the outlet and I would have some awful lifter noise.

I am thinking of using Permatex Copper gasket sealer spray on the flat gasket. Since I retrofitted the M44 housing with the plastic threaded cap, and I have never seen it leak, I guess I can skip the sealer on that. I had the older metal M42 one for a long time though...where on there were you putting sealer? I never had the cap leak on me.
bmwman91 is offline   Reply With Quote