View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 02:46 AM   #38
durnadupa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI
in my opinion not a good way to win. Italy wins with a penalty kick?? And i hear from people that it wasnt even a penalty. I didnt see the game, but if Australia lost 1-0 to a penalty kick, then im assuming they were playing very good. Cuz without penalty kick, it woulda been 0-0.

Also, switz lost, but either way, italy will beat ukraine, and argentina is gonna beat italy like i said.
Italy did not deserve the win against Australia. The only reason they won is because they dive (and by dive I mean DIVE) and manage to screw over every game because of it. I swear, you sneeze in their direction and they will be on the ground clutching their leg in "pain". It's disgusting to watch, it ruins the game completely.

This is a post I saw in another messageboard that basically sums up how Italy plays...

Italy is seriously my absolute least favorite team in the World Cup. First off 1/2 the team is involved in a cheating scandal that makes serie A a sham. Secondly the goalie is a high school drop out who released a "christmas rap album". As if that wasn't enough the entire team seems to be made up of ex-thespians. Sneeze in their direction and they're on the ground clutching a leg. While I know such behavior is not specific to Italy, the scope and the force they put behind their performances bother me. In addition all the fans over here love to defend every last dirty move. When your team sucks or cheats, you admit it begrudgingly. Way to cheat your way into slipping in a pk Italy. You really deserved that victory.

But other than that, I am proud of Ukraine today. We had started celebrating the day they announced we had qualified, getting out of group stage started another series of celebrations. We have heart, and if we don't get screwed over by Italy's overreacting and diving we will play very well and put up a fight.
UKRAINE
durnadupa is offline   Reply With Quote