View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 08:22 PM   #45
mooseheadm5

Here is a tip when you do that. Disconnect the computer first, then connect the wires. That way, you can turn on the car and check the ECU plug for proper power and ground and you won't have to worry about hurting anything.

THIS IS FROM A US SPEC 92 325i, closest I can get, should be identical:

Constant power from junction block B+ (My battery is still up front, so my power comes straight from there.) Pin 26 - this same connection powers the ECM relay which in turn powers the injectors, terminal 86 on the fuel pump relay and terminals 86 and 30 on the O2 sensor relay. It also powers PIN 54 on the ECU. The ECU grounds the ECM relay. If you have no power to these my guess is that this is the connection that is missing. Supposedly, there is a second splice that powers terminal 30 at the fuel pump relay, so check to see if you have power at terminal 30 of the fuel pump relay at all times (key on or off.)

Gound at pins 6 and 34.

Switched ignition power at pin 56 (only has power when you turn on the key.)

I think your issue is that there are two power wires for the harness. I think one goes from the battery to the starter/alternator/fuse box and the other bundle does all of the engine power. The third ground wire bundle does all ECU grounds. It is a little confusing, as the lug at the end of the second bundle of + wires and the ground wires is the same size and can easily be bolted to the same spot or even switched, as was probably the case with campair's car.

-Paul

Do you know how to read the BMW wiring diagrams? If you do, I have US spec diagrams I can send you from a 92 325i and a 95 318ti in .pdf format if you think it will help. Pm me your email address.
mooseheadm5 is offline   Reply With Quote