Thread: epiphany swap
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 05:05 PM   #512
Crashaddict

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_task View Post
this is neat. I want more vids!

I don't want my nexus in my ti, but i do want it in my '84 jetta. do you have issues with it dying? even with a power inverter and the original charger it just drains as it is charging if I use it for nav or speedometer.

nifty tip: use the ulysse spedometer app. it doesn't need data to be a gps speedometer, it records 0-60 times, even can tell altitude.
Well that's what's nice about my install, it's completely removable so if the battery dies I can take it inside and charge it.What I did was unlock the tablet and load timurs usb Rom which allows for a few things to be possible.
1. It allows for usb fast charging which somehow allows you to charge a more than the typical 4 volts through a car charger
2. Allows the tablet to act as a usb host which makes the playing music directly to my speakers possible as well as expanding storage exponentially via small flash drives.
3. Puts the tablet into deep sleep upon power loss which also preserves battery life on the tablet

It has died on me once, but it was because the car was sitting for about a week doing nothing. Other than that, the Rom is pretty fantastic at keeping the unit charged

And I have used ulysse speedometer, it's on the tablet, I also have a persistent Speedo widget that displays my speed on the home screen which I like

Eurotary 313ti-Rx coming soon.....soon is a relative term
Crashaddict is offline   Reply With Quote