View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 08:10 AM   #757
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Thanks Ced, engines going in this week. Once it's in, I gotta redo the timing one last time

I almost bought a hood from Versus Motorsport. They had e36 4dr carbon hoods listed on craigslist for $250, but when I called them they said they were out of stock and had to make one. Said they'd make one in-house and sell it to me for $280 plus tax. I was a little skeptical about a no-name body part, so I shopped around and found this place that sells Seibon and VIS hoods at awesome prices.

My first Seibon hood fit good, but it was old and cracking since it sat on the side of Lazoh's house for a few years. I sold that one to Bobbak for dirt cheap, I think 100 bucks or something. Then a member had a problem with a defective Seibon hood and got the runaround. Thought it was a pretty crappy deal and I was hesitant to buy another Seibon product since they screwed a member over, but figured since I could actually drive down to the warehouse and inspect it before handing over the cash, it was worth a shot. The guys at this shop were pretty cool.

They said if it doesn't fit perfectly, they'll swap it out with a VIS or another Seibon hood with no hassles so I jumped on it. The company is JTRSport, Inc and they're out of Walnut, CA if anyone in SoCal is interested. They don't have a storefront as they sell their products on ebay. Ebay price is $544 + $75 s/h + CA tax, but if you pick it up with cash in hand, they'll give you a VERY healthy discount

Last edited by cooljess76; 10-23-2010 at 10:37 AM.