View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #489
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbman69 View Post
Jess, the wheels look AMAZING! I'm pretty damn jealous!

Keep up the good work, it's going to be sweet when you're finished
Thanks Stephen. I knew it was going to be difficult trying to get them to fit with 235/40's mounted. I didn't expect to have problems with the brakes clearing the centers though. Not to mention the months of getting jerked around by the powdercoating shops. Unfortunately one of the wheels still has some flaws. They sandblasted too deep leaving a rough texture, then they powder coated multiple coats to smooth out the roughness. When I torqued the gold bolts down on that wheel, the powdercoat bubbled up around each of the bolts It's only that one wheel and I'm so sick of dealing with those people I'll just get another wheel, have it done at another shop and use the messed up one as a spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimito79 View Post
Hey, do you remember these??
Jimmy, How've you been man! Yeah, I finally had to settle for black on the wheels. The powder coating shop screwed up too many times trying to shoot the centers gold. I'm happly with the overall look, but as I mentioned to Stephen, one of them isn't perfect.

Those are my old style 42's!!! I sold those to Gino for 150 bucks and then he sold his car with those still on it The style 5's are the same fitment as the 42's(17x8 et20), but I'm runnin 235's on the style 5's. Fender roll isn't gonna cut it, gotta break out the welder
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote