View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #5
R111S

Thanks for the nice write-up and pics. I used the Wire Color Codes you listed...same as my '97.

I took a somewhat different route to the lights and wiring for my Trailer. I bought a pair of Red LED Blazer Trailer Lights (Model: C783-Left and C793-Right) and a pair of Amber LED Marker Lights (Model: C531A) from my local TSC Store. I also used two 4-Terminal Plug/Wire sets...one for the left and one fo the right.

I wired the Red Lights in parallel with the L/R Tail/Stop Lamps and the Amber Lights in parallel with the L/R Turn Lamps. I did not use an adapter...the LEDs draw very low current so there's not a significant load added to the Tail Light Circuits. The Blinkers work just fine...neither slower nor faster than normal. Tail/Stop Lamps look good too.

The LED Lights are more expensive than normal Incandescents units but they will more than likely out last the car, turn on quicker than Incandescents and therefore ~16 Feet sooner at ~60 MPH, and draw less power for a few drops of fuel savings.
R111S is offline   Reply With Quote