View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 05:15 PM   #1
camcraft

Question M42 Engine wiring issues

Ok guys this is my first post as i have been able to find most of what i have needed in the past here without asking for help however in this case i really need some direction. I bought a 1995 318ti that was non-running (its my hobby to build these m44 m42 engines out and make them run, i have a z3 1996 that i have rebuilt from the ground up with minimal issues doing so thus far) the issues i am having is the engine wiring harness on the M42 this is slightly different from the M44 and i do not have a visual reference to which plug goes to which connector/sensor on the engine, on the m44 there is little room for error as the wiring harness has a quick disconnect at the air intake manifold and thus is easily reconnected and disconnected when removing the air intake manifold, unfortunately the wiring harness was disconnected at the time i claimed this car and i have no way of knowing what lead goes where. That being said i have identified the 4 connectors and how they plug to the wiring harness for the cam & and knock sensors in the proper locations however there are several i do not have a way of identifying the following connectors are on the engine but how do i ID the proper connector on the wiring harness for that sensor ? there is an oil sensor under the oil filter, an air intake control plug a throttle body control plug and 2 sensors located on the head under the air intake manifold i believe one is a temp sensor. any visual reference of the wiring harness with plug listings would be great.
camcraft is offline   Reply With Quote