View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 07:41 AM   #13
projekt EPiK

John. Thanks so much for the suggestions. Unfortunately, the car is at the dealer right now, although it won't be worked on until Tuesday.

Let me bring you up to speed. I also have a 1995 318ti, automatic. Currently i'm swapping the transmission in it so it is not driveable, but it offers me an excellent source of known good parts to try out.

I swapped every single relay and fuse. No change. I swapped out the EWS2 boxes (under drivers dash and behind glove box) and the DME.. My car should have effectively thought that it was the other car.. no dice, not even crank.

Swapped back in my EWS2 components, and the other DME, thinking it is a bad DME I put it on the trailer and made the rounds of a few local trusted shops. First put it on a scanner.. came up clean. Referred me to another guy, turns out that he is primarily Mercedes, so he referred me to yet another. It was a long day, but Bill (the 3rd guy) set up his eqpt to align the new DME for me. After 3 tries and about 2 hrs, he determined that something was blocking it from completing. I was on my way back home..clueless.

Checked continuity from the maf, and coil to the DME. All good.

Here's the weird part. After Bill's alignment attempts, the car will now start and run, but very very rich, and the idle is a constant 1000-3500rpm. Keep in mind that my EWS2 components shouldnt even be talking to this DME.

It is my thinking that maybe the alignment is in a sort of limbo.. half finished.. ?? that is why I finally resorted to the dealer. for the first time in over 20yrs of turning wrenches. This is killing me.

They are not expecting to get to the car til Tuesday, so if you have any input I will gladly go pick it back up.

pm'ing you my #. Thanks!
projekt EPiK is offline   Reply With Quote