View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 05:00 AM   #72
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by antny View Post
What are you guys using for engine management, fuel pumps, and injector sizes?
I use the Motronic M5.2 OEM DME that comes with the 1997+ M44 motor. DME last numbers are 668. I have it custom coded by Barrie at Midnight tuning. He has tunes for 30#, 42.8# and 60# injectors. I currently run the 60# injectors so I can boost 25+psi if needed. I like to use the OEM DME so I retain all BMW factory functions. Also I run a 1995 M3 MAF sensor (3") which is a direct plug in but the MAF code table needs to be changed to accept the larger MAF. Barrie has all the code for the MAF swap, injectors I listed above and I have tested each code on my car as I stepped up boost and needed more fuel by using larger injectors. My car drives like a stock BMW until I hit boost then all hell breaks loose

I use style EV-1 injectors with a adapter that fits the injector to the manifold and run stock fuel pressures.

I have tried stand-alone systems and not had good luck. The OEM DME coded correctly is the best by far...

Oh yea stock fuel pump with stock regulator but regulator hooked to manifold vacuum/boost port so I get 42psi fuel pressure at idle and under boost around 52psi. This is the rising fuel pressure I use on all Barries tunes on all injectors he has tunes for. There are 60+ tunes he has for the turbo I-4 for the various injectors listed above. All of these were done with LM-2 logging and the final tunes are damn near perfect on AFR. Lambda control is fully there and open-loop under boost has no lean spots or any ping since we monitor this stuff in real time on the LM-2...

John S

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 08-30-2011 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Added fuel pump and regulator information
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote