View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 01:48 AM   #14
jiggerjosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt EPiK View Post
Yes Chelsea. the old style bc rear shock look different than yours. it is threaded at the bottom into the shock body. i pulled the eyelid bolt out and trimmed it to be able to bottom out the eyelt in the shock body...gave me over 1" more drop
Yeah I have heard they made various improvements to the newer ones, I can not adjust caster though, but I could not get anymore if I wanted to without cutting the bumper. So win/win there. I could do the same thing you did except the adjuster is now on the top. The shock body is basically threaded into an insert, which can go down maybe 1.5 inches. The only issue is that would mess with the physics of the strut. If you can help it you should really lower it with the sprigs/adjuster. I'm running the back about 1/2 inch up on the adjuster and its as low as I would ever want to go. If i removed the adjusting nuts and some of the extra spring pad i have under the perch I could go another 2" lower easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurohb View Post
what type of wheels are those and specs?
Those are just some Ebay replicas of the e46 m sport wheels that came on the later models. They have a deeper dish than the factory BMW ones though and are not a true two piece. They are 8.5s and I run 225/40/18 in the frot and 255/35/18 in the rear. I only paid $400.00 for them brand new, and picked them up in Sarasota,FL (not sure if the company is still in business. The build quality is excellent though, I have had them for over 5 years and if i would have maintained them properly they would still look like new. They are basically just my to and from track wheels now as I have some BBS RK's with R-compounds.

Last edited by jiggerjosh; 07-27-2012 at 01:51 AM.
jiggerjosh is offline   Reply With Quote