Old 09-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #223
haworthp

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureklas View Post
Drop us some pictures near the time haworthp
Will do.
Just to give you or anyone else some info about the work done on the car:

Shocks were in the worst condition I've ever seen so new lowered springs and shocks all round (not too low, just enough to make the car look better)

Front:
New pads, callipers reconditioned(new seals etc and painted), removed any rust underneath and repainted with fresh under seal. Front bushes and ball joints etc look ok so they were left.

Rear:
Rear suspension etc removed, removed any rust underneath, treated and repainted with under seal. Rear beam bushes replaced, rear brake pipes replaced, new handbrake cables, callipers reconditioned(new seals etc and painted), new discs, new pads, new handbrake shoes, diff painted and filled with new oil, all suspension/drive parts rust treated and painted (except roll bar), new heat shield as it was missing, new abs sensors, new suspension top mounts and gaskets, any missing clips replaced.

plus other things that I cant remember. Just in the process of fitting a new drivers wing and replacing the gear linkage bushes as the gear change is sloppy. I also have a pair of 328 callipers/carriers which have been reconditioned and painted plus new vented discs and pads for a brake upgrade but haven't decided whether to fit them or not.

I bought it for my daughter to use but the insurance is too expensive for her and I wasn't going to pay for that as well.
haworthp is offline   Reply With Quote