View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 06:58 AM   #1
surechap

Default Engine Overheated Red!

My brother drove one hour from his home non-stop on the freeway. He had to make a stop at a red light and noticed the temp gauge was rising and had gone past the middle about 3/4 of the way. He immediately drove home and stopped it before it went any further. I troubleshoot and find the problem was low coolant, after a refill/bleed I thought the problem was fixed, I even monitored it for a few days.

I then decided to take it on a long trip for an interview about 3 hours away. I kept checking the temp and it was fine until the last three hours home. I was litterally a block away form my house at a gas station and the temp guage had reached 3/4 of the way to red. I decided, f*ck it I'm almost home the air would cool it before I get to my house. I drove it half way there and the temp reaches red for 1 second I immediately pull over and turn the engine off.

I'm so worried I fried my engine I can't afford to fix it. I popped the hood open and heard hissing from the rear of the engine I assume it's the plastic fitting, but I'm not sure I haven't had anytime to inspect further. The coolant level is zero. What are my odds of the engine surviving?
surechap is offline   Reply With Quote