Thread: Build Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 02:15 AM   #15
joe1602

Vehicles

Wheels are stock, Tires are Ventus RS-3's with 4 seasons on them (My son and I share the car so it does double duty every event) We had the tires 2 seasons & I am looking into new wheels & tires for the new season. H&R Race springs but I dislike them as they feel way too soft for what we are doing. Koni Yellow fully adjustable all the way round. Eibach 28 mm front sway bar & poly bushings for it(powerflex) X-Brace, AKG Motorsport drop links for the sway bar. Turner Camber Shims, all of them are installed & am running about 3.5 degrees negative camber and have a toe out of about 1 degree on each wheel. Stock rear sway bar, Fogged the airbox. Control arms, bushings etc are all stock from '99, I need to change them as well. 3.45 LSD that I got from Al Taylor, had about 800 miles on it!(Looked like it was brand new!) In 2014, my son finished 2nd in the Glen region in Pax running it in the G Street Class, Should have stayed in it for 2015 But had to move to STX because of the above mentioned mods. If I can get my hands on some stock sport springs I may put it back to H Street for next year. (2 of the 4 springs that came off the car were broken, he did that in 2014 with 2 broken springs!) I thinks the new tires helped a lot in '14, they didn't seem to have quite the grip in '15. Unfortunately my budget is very limited and not even sure I can swing new tires and wheels for this season. Thats why I may just put the stock springs back in & go back to street class with the old tires. Who knows, As I type this It has snowed about 3 inches in the past couple of hours and It looks like I am going to have a lot of time to figure it out before we can do anything!
joe1602 is offline   Reply With Quote