View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 06:16 AM   #5
ElmoPerkins

After a long wait on parts, I'm finally starting to put her back together. Got bank 1 and 2 knock sensors replaced along with just about every coolant hose under the intake.

I was also able to bypass the intake spacer heater circuit by cutting the hose that comes off the plastic coolant pipe (the one that points up) and cut it to length and installed it back to the block. Simple. Pressure tested and checked clearances after the xmas tree wiring harness in the middle of the intake. The hose does touch the connector for knock sensor 1 but should not be a problem.

I do have a coolant leak after replacing the t-stat. I'm not sure what happened but under pressure with my tester, it leaks by the gasket. I just used the bmw gasket for the flange and the t-stat came with a new o-ring. I cleaned all the mating surfaces thoroughly. Is it possible the flange is warped?

Tomorrow I am replacing all the injector o-rings and installing new rubber fuel line to the rail. I'm also replacing all the icv hoses with new vacuum lines for the entire engine. New intake boot as well. This baby should run like a champ when it's finished.

More to come.