View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 05:53 PM   #7
KIRASIR

http://www.emotors.ca/articles/article.aspx?ID=28

SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigg60
I have a 98 Ti with the factory "M Tech" package, which includes the "M" front bumper. The only difference (that I can see) is that the "M Tech" bumper does not include the lower black lip on the front bumper as seen on the E36 M3's. I therefore went out and purchased a genuine BMW M3 lower bront lip, and picked up the factory installation hardware from the dealer. Trouble is; the stock hardware doesn't amke any sense to me - it includes seven white plastic clips of sorts and seven screws. However, the white clips ar about 3/4" tall and about 1/4" square on one end and flat oval on the other end. I presume that these are supposed to be recessed into the bumper at each of the seven notch locations on the lip spoiler - but to do that I would have to cut little square holes into the bumper (there is nothing there currently), and I am not sure how the clips would stay tight into the bumper.
So, I suppose my question is: Has anyone else fitted an M3 fromt lip spoiler to their Ti? If so, what method did you use to do it, and how do you like it?

I appreciate any feedback.
Thanks,
Jim