View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 06:43 AM   #8
S10mafia50

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyx View Post
I haven't updated in a while. But KBB, Edmunds, the buyer's guide here are just, well . . . guides.

Sadly, there's no formula you can plug in, because a car is worth exactly the amount you are willing to pay. On the upside, this gives you some room to haggle.
LOL, it is definately a formula....plus it is hard to find a decent TI anymore for a good price.....IDK if you guys learned a trick or two from gas stations or what, but when you look for a long time and find only junk or way overpriced ti's, it kinda makes a person wonder. The biggest variable is condition plus what the sellers want.....most know the car isn't worth too much, so if they can't make way more than it is worth, they'll keep it. I've had 2 people do that after I talked with them.... I just know in my mind I will not allow myself to get screwed over.....I mean I got a 01 focus, fully loaded with 14k miles on it from a ford dealer for less than most 160k+ mi ti's are listed for on cars and autotrader.com....lol. Just keep looking for a good one, hopefully you find a fair seller, and just keep in the back of your mind, If you can not find a good shape TI for the fixed price, shop around, you can easily find something just as good if not better.
Andrew
S10mafia50 is offline   Reply With Quote