View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 04:45 PM   #1
mohaughn

Default H&R race springs/Koni shocks

OK.. So I've read all the posts about the benefits of different suspensions setups and I've gotten a few recommendations from other Ti and BMW owners on using the bilstein PSS9 coilover kit...

My question to the more experienced track drivers is how much better is the PSS9 for a dedicated track car than doing something like the H&R race springs with adjustable koni shocks... When I look at spec e30's or spec miates I see the H&R/koni combination is usually the way people go. If the car is 90% used for track does it matter if I can't raise the car up? I know that changing the ride height allows for different suspension setups but as a learning driver is this something that I really need to worry about?

It seems like the PSS9 is more for people that are track/street that want to be able to change ride height or ride comfort for the street. If I'm not going to go with a dedicated track coilover like the KW variant 3 or one of the custom moton setups isn't a dedicated track non-coilover combination better for the track?

I'm also planning on doing adjustable rear control arms, camber/castor adjustable shock mounts, and sway bars/sway bar reinforcements. Seems like I'll have more than enough ability to make adjustments if I can adjust toe-in, camber, castor, rebound, dampening, and tire pressure. And I'm ok with the amount of drop from the H&R race springs.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote