View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 01:40 PM   #14
tastade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
Actually the air coming out of the vent should be inbetween 65-68 degrees,thats with the heat control turned all the way counter clockwise.. If your a/c is putting air out at 35-36 degrees your cars a/c has serious problems. Thats 5 degrees above freezing. Even new cars don't go that low. You want to use the re circ once the temp in the car is cool then it will just re circ the air inside. My car still puts out about 66 degrees.
Note that condensors in AC units do ice over on occassion (usually from a problem). It wouldn't surprise me if the air could get down to 35 degrees, I know my hands go numb if I point the vent at my hand on the steering wheel. Now I am going to have to go home and measure my as temp after work. But I am guessing mine get down around 40 or 50 F.

I had an old 300zx where the condensor would ice over after an hour of operation and the AC would stop working. I would turn it off for 10 minutes and it would be good for another hour. This only happened in very hot and humid climates.

This is also what causes that pool of water under your car when you stop after your AC has been running (condensation running off). I hate it when I am at a gas station and someone goes "look, your car is leaking fuel!" Then I have to explain to them that it is condensation from the AC. At least they are trying to be helpful.
tastade is offline   Reply With Quote