View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 07:14 PM   #14
Severian

Well, I was finanlly able to pick up the car yesterday. So far I take issue with the following things:

* The Check Engine Light came on after 100 miles of driving. Hm...luckily we have a diagnostic code reader for the 318ti which should work for the Z3. More on this when I get home (I'm pissed, the seller said nothing about a CEL).
* There is a pronounced rattling coming from near the catalytic converter. At this point we don't know what it is yet; I saw a post here discuss the possibility of a loose E-brake cable, and our e-brake does give quite a bit...maybe I just need to adjust that (crosses fingers).
* When I hit the brakes for an abrupt stop the car pulled right. I had to pull the wheel almost 45 degrees to the left to keep the car straight as I came to a stop. Anyone know what this could be?
* I bought a new leather shift boot to replace the ratty old one that was cracked and stiff, but it feels like the shift knob is GLUED or something. There's a clear, spongy compound at the bottom of the knob. The instructions mention a penetrating spray may be needed to remove the knob, any suggestions?
* The passenger seat slides back and forth a bit. Gonna work on that soon.

Man...funny thing is I'm not a "car guy" but I wish I was. I'm going to try to diagnose/fix as many of these issues as possible though. Any comments are surely welcome.
Severian is offline   Reply With Quote