View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 03:14 AM   #8
J!m

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variance
Yes, but they're replicas. The real ones are forged, but the ones you saw on ebay were most likely cast, like mine. Oh, and in case you're wondering, it's the M3 LTW (lightweight), not CSL.
LTW and CSL are for all intents and purposes, interchangeable. CSL (Coupe Sport Leight) is the internal designation that has (on the E46) become accepted on the street (and was also used back on the 'batmobile' coupes). If you look at the factory tags on the '95 M3 Lightweight, you see it is designated as the CSL.

As far as the wheels go, there are two versions (both forged) from the factory. The ones used on the LTW are un-polished, and have BMW MOTORSPORT deeply cast into the inner ring, just outside the lug holes. The later version does not have the writing cast in, but adds the small "M" sticker added, and after paint, they are machined in the center (like yours, and mine). Both versions of these wheels are difficult to find used, as they are extremely expensive new and most people don't spend the extra money.

Order Swap Manuals Here => http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12912

WolferJ- gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote