View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #24
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammemares
Hey Guys,

So I have a 96 M spec Ti that is totally stock. Still had the original control arms and bushings until 1 month ago. The M spec is standard with the 225/50/16, but I have a cheap pair of 15" take offs that I run for AutoX in AZ. Unfortunately the Azenis 215 tires are only available in 205/50s, no 225s!! So I run GS on the small azenis tires. I have raced 6 times so far. I have won all 6 events. Indeed the Ti can be very competitve if well driven. But it is a drivers car and extracting every last bit of perfromance can be challenging, especially on undersized tires.

I am not partial to the "classing" that the SCCA does. To put a 10 year old 138HP TI in the same class as a mini s with a limited slip diff is insane. Another hot prsopect in the GS class is the new mustang V6. A freakin 4.0L v6 against a Ti. I had to run against one last fall. I beat him, but it wasnt easy.

So point is, a well drven stock Ti can be VERY competitive in GS, and yes, it does raise alot of eyebrows. Spend money if you want to, but it is not needed.

Mark in Phx raising eyebrows and digging it.
Good work Mark! It's always nice to hear someone kicking ass in a Ti!

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote