View Single Post
Old 01-28-2006, 09:38 PM   #21
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPerfect
I figured i would post on this thread because i'm having a problem with my o2 sensor. i have an M42, and I keep failing for emissions. no CEL, no error codes... just high hydrocarbons. so i changed the plugs, and figured I'd pass since I failed by like 20 (very small margin). I also had noticed that i was experiencing low gas mileage, and the car felt lethargic accelerating in first gear.

So today, since it's about 57 and sunny (about 30 degrees above normal) i'm outside as we speak. i disconnected the o2 sensor, and decided to start my engine. i was surprised to still see no error codes or CEL... Is there an amount of time I have to wait for it to reset, or do I need to disconnect my battery? i'd hate to have to buy another O2 sensor if i don't need it, but i'm willing to do anything at this point, as I have to pass inspection by next monday.

thanks, Jeff

Does you CEL come on when you turn the key to the ON positions? All of the dummy lights should light up, then go off. If you CEL light doesn't turn on at all, then either the bulb is burned out or someone removed the bulb.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote