View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 09:06 PM   #11
Baas 009

S52 is very rare in europe, because e36 M3 did not have it on europe, we had S50B32 because in europe obd 2 wasn't needed until year 2000.
I believe M52B32 was a typo, as B28 was biggest M52...

I don't run in any race series, car is only for trackday use. Compact cup is running in UK, and seems very nice. Here in Finland we have that Xtreme cup, which indeed has 2 forms, racing cup and rally cup. Regulations are pretty much the same so you can convert the car for each other quite easily. In racing cup, there is 2 starts in one day, about 15 lap sprint race and the 1 hour endurance race. Most of the teams have 2 drivers, and they swap in 1 hour race as there is 1 obligatory pit stop for everyone.
E36 325i and M3 are very popular rally weapons in national rally series, where the FIA classification has to be expired at least 5 years before car model can entry.

I'm planning to install BC-Racing BR Coilover kit, Chinese, yes, but not the cheapest, and many bmw drivers have good experience on those. Features independent ride height and spring preload adjustment and not combined as in many cases.
In fact, i'm planning to use e36 M3 type front struts as the stabilizer connects to strut and is more effective, and e30 coilover type rears, as those are not available for compact. Luckily we have very good dealer in Finland who can make custom combination just for pennies...

In front brakes I have used EBC yellowstuff, works ok but could be better. Hawk HT10 would be very interesting pad, but hawk availability is very poor in europe. Probably going for Carbone lorraine or ferodo next. Rear brakes have some unidentified pads which came with the car, i have run about 500km on track with those and wear is barely noticeable. Probabaly made from rock in china, and braking power is probably also in same level...

Last edited by Baas 009; 02-10-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Baas 009 is offline   Reply With Quote