View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 04:23 AM   #11
Speed25

My track test day went about as expected. The tires were hilarious, but the handling balance at least was excellent; plenty of controllable drift in third gear.

The brakes...holy moly what a handful! I have no ABS, and the bias was very heavily to the front (and with **** tires, to boot). It was hard to be aggressive at all without locking up, and I destroyed two tires with flat spots (one to the cord!). Amazingly, I turned the same time as with my wife's modded 135i at this track. With tires and brakes, it will be much faster.

So....I found a great close out at Tire Rack, and picked up a set of 245/40 17 Ventus RS3s. I had them mount them on their TR Motorports C2 wheels in 17x8.5. The whole package mounted, balanced and delivered was under $1200.

I also did the SRS M3 adapter for the rear brakes. Rock Auto had great prices on parts, so I got new M3 rotors and remanufactured M3 calipers (in powder coated red &#128540 for the rear. I went ahead and pulled the front calipers for rebuild and refinishing (red) as well. This will all go together by the end of this week.

Monday and Tuesday next week? Sebring full course 👍😎.
Speed25 is offline   Reply With Quote