Thread: Swap Manual Q&A
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 01:33 PM   #178
funky

I finished my M50 swap in my 316 compact.
Wanted the OEM dual exhaust, bought the wrong one from E34. Back box is HUGE and of course it doesn't fit.
So I just cut all of that exhaust and made something from hand. M50TUB25 stock headers -> x pipe with lambda place -> 2 pipes -> random resonator I found -> 2 pipes -> Y pipe -> and some random compact exhaust I bought from my friend. My main goal was to make it silent while I'm searching for normal exhaust. So, what exhausts are you running? I'm planning for M52B28 exhaust in full length or M50B25. Does the back boxes from standard e36 fits in compact or not?
Probably that M52B28 exhaust will not be as good as on standard e36 because I need to weld X pipe for lambda to fit and that makes the resonance different and the 2.8 resonators probably doesn't work as they should or need to be relocated. Makes you lose some power but probably not that much as my current setup.

P.S - For how much you can buy rear disc brake trailing arms? We sell them here for about 120 euro (trailing arms with bearing and brake calipers). Seems damn expensive for 20 year used part that can be bent etc. Maybe someone can offer anything cheaper? With all the repairs to brakes etc. it costs something like 400 euro to swap from drum brakes to disc brakes in the rear.
P.S.S - Dang it. I misunderstood the topic and post it in the wrong section. Well, I hope someone can relocate it to the right place + answer the question.

Last edited by funky; 03-06-2016 at 01:44 PM.
funky is offline   Reply With Quote