View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 05:55 PM   #1
Wpritchett

Default Wes' Build Thread - S52 ti

So.....I'm starting a build thread. Not sure if the Lounge or engine conversion forum was best for this, but I read some other full build threads in the lounge so here we go. I picked up my 1998 ti from an online auction site a few months ago. It had been donated to Wheels for Wishes, and is in surprisingly awesome shape inside and out. Shortly after that, I found a wrecked 1998 M3 sedan and purchased it to use as a donor. It had font end damage, but cranked right up and sounded awesome when I got it home. I have already removed the engine from the M3 and plan to get everything else that I can swap over out of it, and then part out the remainder. I had been under the impression that I would be able to swap out the diff, but I read on the forum that the diff may not work out. I also sent Jim a message about getting a copy of his swap guide, but haven't heard anything on that yet. If anyone has information about that, let me know. Not sure if that is something still available. I am also somewhat confused about the wiring harnesses on the two cars, and not sure what I need to use from the M3 and what can stay from the ti. Currently, I am working on some of the cosmetics with the engine, as I need to be able to spend some money before moving forward with the install of S52. I want to buy Condor motor and transmission mounts, need some new gaskets, etc. The M44 in the ti runs as well, and I will be looking to sell it soon. I was able to drive the ti around my block a few time before starting the disassembly process. However, it did start to burn oil, and I noticed some oil on the spark plugs. I would assume that the valve seals are bad, but it could also be piston rings. Here are some pics of whats done so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	WP_20150702_004 resize.jpg Views:	222 Size:	132.6 KB ID:	16126   Click image for larger version Name:	WP_20150702_005 resize.jpg Views:	145 Size:	127.2 KB ID:	16127   Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0233 re.jpg Views:	174 Size:	55.1 KB ID:	16128  

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0234 re.jpg Views:	149 Size:	54.9 KB ID:	16129   Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0235 re.jpg Views:	150 Size:	42.1 KB ID:	16130  
Wpritchett is offline   Reply With Quote