View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 04:30 AM   #2
marleymon

Cool

I brushed all the black off with a wire brush. Just make sure all the black sludge is off. It balls up and takes time.

The adhesive you want is permatex, big orange can blue top. Part number 765 1826.
I did this job and have some tips or ideas. I learned some things.
The black foam back material pelican sells is perfect. You have to get extra for the pillars and moon roof panel.
I cross hatched the adhesive waiting 4 to 6 mins between sprays. Maybe 4 coats or so. Let it tack it so it doesn't soak through. I started back to from (visor section last).
You will need extra hands. Working it into the visor pocket and mount pockets are sorta tricky. The area needs plenty of set up adhesive. Same as around edge along the windshield.
Roll the windshield edge under back and clip! Don't cut flush like I did! You can trim flush on the sides, but not on the edges that face the windshield (pillars too). I have small spots where you can see the gray foam thickness, rookie error.
Mine came out awesome. Couldn't be happier. I left the oh crap handles off for a cleaner look. Have fun, take your time.