View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 11:50 PM   #9
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickman
Hi guys, I just signed up to get some user opinions.

I'm currently driving an '03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege (traded from a p5). I am more of a "handling" guy than a "power" guy. I'm all about the lateral G's. I come from a MKI Toyota MR2 background, and currently still have an '87 that's being rebuilt.

The MSP is great, and handles really good as well. But there's something about it that's just not ME.

I was out and about earlier today and saw a really nice black ti on the road, and it was so nice looking. Something about "ugly" euro wagons gets me every time. I think I love the VW corrado because it looks sorta like a ti.

There are no 318ti's in my area that have less than 60-75k miles on them. But they range from $5-9k depending on the year, condition etc.

I want a nice low maintenance car that gets fairly decent mileage will possibly get my monthly car payments down a bit.

Most of the 318ti's for sale in my area are automatics. How is the tranny? Will I miss shifting if I get an auto? I'm reading around here as well, but is there anything else I should look out for?

Thanks in advance guys (& gals if there are any here)

-rick
manual with sport package or club sport. FUN to drive with manual. i hate slushboxes. no 4 should ever be sold with an automatic. i drove one that was a sport package, in the color i wanted and everything ... couldn't deal with the auto and got the one i still have now. i've been working on making it more "sporty" over time. luckily, i found this site a year or so ago

you NEED to be able to keep up with routine maintenance. look for one with complete service history if possible. there aren't many common problems with the ti's. as aceyx pointed out in a thread here a few days ago, most of the people on here are posting about (1) common problems (2) mods. i think that says something. i'm still on my stock clutch if that says anything
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote