View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 01:22 AM   #39
Artem

Vehicles

Thanks dudes! I cant wait myself!

BUT......

RAN INTO A BIG PROBLEM

We went to start the motor, first it was difficult to move, but not impossible. The shop deemed it was an electrical issue - it seemed like one. Then, I came by, we hooked everything up, and got a nice Snap-On starter on it. It went to crank over, slowly, faster, a bit faster, one normal pop, then the full six, it ran for a second and thats it. The engine (with all new pieces - timing gear, oil pump, tensioners, etc) will not move upon me applying any amount of force to the front of it.

The cams were installed properly (I believe) and even then, they can be installed out of phase 90 or 180 degrees and they will still cause no issues, from what I am understanding. The cam sprockets and VaNoS was tightened up and torqued up properly, I saw to it myself. I am not sure what the hell it can be! Anyone have any ideas?

The troubleshooting path went as follows: car clicks, will not turn over --> wiring harness, turned over with difficulty, almost started --> shorted starter, will not turn with a wrench --> incorrect timing?

We got the valve cover off, spark plugs out and it still will not move when trying it with a wrench on a cam. Cam maybe moves ± 2° and that is it. I was present the only time when it almost started, and I know there were no abnormal metal-on-metal noises or anything of the sort when it almost ran.

Thanks guys! I will post a full report as soon as I get it started which will hopefully be soon!
Artem is offline   Reply With Quote