View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #13
briansol

Back from the dead!

I was able to re-fi my house earlier this year finally which helps the positive cash flow a ton. I'm still working that job I took above. got a raise a few months ago, shooting for a promotion next year. Made some risky plays in the market that worked out and quadrupled my (meager) 401k so it was like I never stopped contributing in those down years.

I quit smoking 3 years ago. Haven't had even a drag since.
I put on 50 lbs in the year after.
I lost 70lbs since then and have never been in better shape in my life, even if its not the lightest I've been. I'm the healthiest I've been.

I still have the genesis. almost paid for. 40k miles on it now. climbed Mt Washington with it this past summer. been a solid car, really.

Was living with a girl for a while... was planning to propose to her... had talked to my dad about it. Then one night I came home to a note on the bed saying its not working out. That ruined me for a while. I alienated just about everyone I knew. Lots of bridges were burned and will never be rebuilt. Saw some parts of me that scared the hell out of myself. Did some soul searching. Am a better person now. Just started talking to someone new, maybe something comes out of it.

Hope you guys are also doing well.

-Brian