View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #18
bazar01

Quote:
Originally Posted by showaski View Post
Ah, car still goes into this "LIMP" mode. It happened to me once last night, and once this morning. The only difference now is that the couplers near the MAF aren't popping off thanks to a little hair spray and new boost reference for the wastegate. It only seems to happen when the car's under a heavy load, and I can't remember if having the transmission in Sport or Economy makes a difference (I'll have to pay attention next time).

Here's a picture of this warning light that comes on when it goes into LIMP or safe mode. I have no idea what it means. The symptoms along with the light will go away after the car is shut off for a moment, and turned back on.

Edit: The car doesn't seem to be spiking at all anymore. I had found a small air leak in the new hose I ran from the turbo to the wastegate. I haven't seen it spike since fixing that leak. Also, the light I'm referring to above is the one with a gear and exclamation mark.
That is the automatic transmission shift electronics malfunction indicator lamp.
It means there is a malfunction in the shifting electronics or in the transmission.
Can you read the transmission codes?

Did you get an indy shop to do a pre-purchase inspection?
2018 Suburban Z71

Last edited by bazar01; 07-10-2017 at 01:44 PM.
bazar01 is offline   Reply With Quote